Founded in 1939 by aviation pioneer Thor Solberg Sr., and officially licensed in 1941, Solberg Airport has been serving the aviation community for over 70 years. We have been fixing airplanes, training pilots and renting airplanes as long as the airport has been in operation and we look forward to doing it into the future. Solberg Airport is also home to a number of community events and corporate events as well as the NJ Festival of Ballooning every July. Full FBO services are provided by Solberg Aviation Co., Inc. and we are always excited to welcome any aircraft onto our ramp or hangar. Whether it be for fuel, parking or just to say hello. For over 70 years, Solberg has been home to aircraft of all types from vintage propeller driven aircraft to modern jet, turboprop and helicopter.
Come visit and we’ll show you why we are your NYC/PHL area airport of choice!
- Under 1-hour drive to the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels
- Quick access to Routes 78, 287, 202 and 22
- Just outside of the congested NY airspace
- Beat the TEB/MMU/HPN/EWR delays. Quick in/out.
- Lower cost hangar and fuel than the large NYC airports
- Full service FBO
Number of Aircraft Based at Solberg Airport
Single Engine Airplanes
Multi Engine Airplanes
- FAA Identifier: N51
- Elevation: 195′
- CTAF/UNICOM: 122.8
- NY Approach/Departure: 132.8
- AWOS Weather: 908.534.4979 or www.digiwx-n51.com
- SBJ (Solberg) VOR/DME on the field 112.9
- Runway 4/22: 5598′ x 50′ (3000′ paved asphalt, 2598′ turf) in good condition, MIRL
- Runway 13/31: 3442′ x 200′ Turf in Good Condition
- Runway 10/28: 2010′ x 100′ Turf in Fair Condition
- Instrument approaches: VOR-A, VOR 4, RNAV 4, RNAV 22
- Full FBO services provided by Solberg Aviation Co., Inc.